Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Harry Potter Generation

Harry Potter was the book that molded who I would become. As a 10 year-old girl I didn't really have anything that defined me. I didn't have something I was truly passionate about. Then one day I picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- and a whole world was opened up for me. Imagination and passion were reintroduced, and I loved it. Harry Potter did something special and undefinable to my generation- when Harry, Hermione, and Ron went back to Hogwarts for another school year- so did we. But J.K.Rowling provided me with something very special- a passion for reading. After my first Harry Potter book I branched out to more authors and I've never looked back. Now I'm at a University 1 semester away from an English Degree. Harry Potter was the first stepping stone to what I would do for the rest of my life, share my passion for reading and writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment