Saturday, May 25, 2013

UNF Nature Trail



As a graduate of the University of North Florida, I am ashamed to admit that I never got around to going on the nature trails. Every time I planned to walk around the nature preserve it seemed to rain or my schedule would change. But I was finally able to walk the trail 3 weeks after graduation.

I took my girl, Anna, another Jacksonville lover. We we so pleased! This is a lovely little walk, you feel embodied by nature and completely alone, but you're really only a miles from the St.Johns Town Center. There is no admission, but you will need to purchase a $3.00 parking pass.

You have the choice of walking a 3 mile or 1.8 mile trail that circles around the beautiful lake. The water is incredibly reflective, at least the parts that aren't covered with gorgeous lily pads!




Once you have circled the river, you can walk a bridge over to a tiny island with picnic tables that are perfectly situated for fantastic views of the lake.




This was also the first time I was able to use my iPhone to take the Panorama shots, I am quite pleased with them...but I am still a novice.


 *Please make one note: this is not a daylong activity. At most, this will take you 2 hours. The trail provides a quick escape from the city with picturesque views, a quiet place to talk, and tables for an adorable picnic.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I love nature trails. That one looks similar to the ones here in Wisconsin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd been walking on that campus for 2 years but never got around to it until now (pretty sad). But I've never been to Wisconsin, adding it to my list!

      Delete